Rainbow Summer Stew Pasta
I first invented this recipe when I was planning to make pasta with red sauce, but when I opened my pantry I could not find the pasta sauce anywhere. Instead all I could find was a can of diced tomatoes that I figured could work instead. After a little experimenting, the recipe for Rainbow Summer Stew Pasta was born! I love to make this recipe with Ancient Harvest Garden Pagodas GF pasta which has beautiful vibrant colors that are perfect summer. This recipe also has lot of room for creativity with how you season it so I encourage you to spice it up (literally) and just have fun the ingredients you choose to use.
The final product of the pasta stew!
These are the ingredients I picked up at Whole Foods to use for the pasta this evening, but I like to mix it up with the exact ingredients I use
The colorful Ancient Harvest Garden Pagodas pasta after it is boiled
1 box of Ancient Harvest Garden Pagodas GF pasta
1/2 medium white onion
14.5 oz. Can of diced tomatoes
2 cloves of pressed garlic
2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar (not pictured)
1 tablespoon Olive oil (not pictured)
Dried Oregano, Ground Sage, and Garlic Salt to taste
Optional: Nutritional Yeast.
1. Boil 4 quarts of water in a medium pot.
2. When water is at a boil, add the pasta and cook uncovered at medium heat for 7 minutes.
3. While the pasta is cooking, dice the onion.
4. When pasta is done cooking, drain it and put it back in the pot.
5. Pour the olive oil, vinegar can of diced tomatoes, garlic, and the diced onion into the pot with the pasta.
6. Cook at low heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently. (This will cause the past to break into smaller pieced because GF pasta is very delicate)
7. Add Dried Oregano, Ground Sage, and Garlic Salt to taste.
8. Serve with Nutritional Yeast sprinkled on like Parmesan Cheese.