Spring is here, and even though it is still pretty rainy where I live, I have been dying to develop some Spring themed recipes. My mom has been buying lots of strawberries recently, and this afternoon I struck inspiration and made these delicious cookies. These cookies are awesome because they only have 4 ingredients. They are oil free, gluten free, paleo, and vegan, and they taste what a sunny day feels like.
2 cups of almond meal
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon water*
2-3 large strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. In a small-medium mix almond meal, maple syrup, and baking powder. The consistency should be a sticky dough. *If it does not hold together, add a tablespoon of water
3. Wash your strawberries and cut out the hull and slice them into rounds
4. Grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper
5. Roll 2-3 tablespoons of dough into a ball and repeat. This recipe should yield 9-12 cookies.
6. Place dough balls on cookie sheet, press them flat with your fingers, and place a strawberry slice on top.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes
8. Enjoy your spring time treat!
This is what they should look like before the oven!
This is after!
That's all for today, and remember to stay hydrated :)