Anyone who knows me knows that carrots are one of my absolute favorite foods. These muffins are just another delicious was to incorporate this delicious veggie into the most important meal of the day. These muffins are also great because they have protein sources such as flax meal, hemp seeds, and oats. Also these yummy muffins are oil free!
3 tablespoons flax meal
1 large carrot
3/4 cups apple sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon agave
1 mashed banana
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
1/2 cup gf oats
1 cup GF flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat your oven to 375, and line a muffin pan with liners
2. In a large bowl mix flax meal and water then refrigerate for 5 minutes
3. Meanwhile shred the carrot with a cheese grater
4. Take the flax mixture out of the refrigerator and add the apple sauce, shredded carrot, agave, banana, hempseed, and oats. Mix thoroughly.
5. Slowly mix in the GF flour, then add the baking soda
6. Mix in the salt and vanilla, add Ground cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg to taste, and raisins if you wish!
7. Use an ice-cream scoop to put the batter in the muffin tin
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Serve plain, with vegan butter, or maple syrup!