When I was younger I never dared to eat anything spicier than ketchup (I know, ridiculous), but in the past few years I have been trying to integrate more spice in my diet. A few months ago, I developed this spiced cauliflower recipe, which has the perfect spice kick, but can be adjusted to be more mild. And, according to my mom, it is one of the best recipes that I have ever invented!
2 Tablespoon of olive oil
1 Tablespoon curry powder
1 Teaspoon turmeric
1 Cup water
2 Cloves pressed garlic
Salt to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet
2. Add cauliflower to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, then add diced onion and garlic
3. Add water and spices, a stir to coat the vegetables
4.cover and cook for twenty minutes
5. After cooking check to make sure the the cauliflower is at the softness you desire
6. Salt to taste and add any additional desired spice
7. Serve hot over rice, add peas or garbanzo beans for added protein, or serve cold as a salad!