The Best Brussels Sprouts Ever
Growing up, I never really experienced the magic of brussels sprouts. I think a lot of people see them as one of those icky green foods, and I agree that if they are cooked incorrectly, they are not the yummiest. But this recipe will show you just how good brussels sprouts can be. These are so yummy that they make my sister want to come home from college just to have them. Trust me. They are just that wonderful.
12 oz of brussel sprouts
2 tsb melted veg butter (I use earth balance) or olive oil
1 tsb balsamic vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 onion, diced (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400*F
2. Wash the brussels sprouts then slice them in half long ways and set aside
3. In a medium mixing bowl mix the vegan butter or olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar with a fork until smooth
4. Toss brussels sprouts (and onions) with the balsamic mixture then add garlic salt and Italian seasoning to taste
5. Spread the sprouts out on either a cookie sheet or glass dish in a single layer.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until the the sprouts are crispy
7. Enjoy as a side dish, on their own, or in a salad!
I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe!