Vegetarian Cauliflower Tacos
Tacos are one of my all time favorites foods, but usually they have meat filling, which can be very heavy and is not vegetarian friendly. Cauliflower filling is a light and delicious taco alternative! It is quick, easy and always fills my taco cravings.
12 oz cauliflower
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons gluten free teriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
8 white corn tortillas
Optional: Lettuce, shredded carrots, diced onions, salsa
1. In a medium mixing bowl wish together lime juice, cayenne, chili powder, honey, olive oil, teriyaki, and onion powder
2. Take cauliflower and chop it into nickel size pieces
3. Toss cauliflower with the liquid mixture in the medium mixing bowl.
4. Put cauliflower in a cast iron skillet over medium heat, when it starts to sizzle lower heat and cover for 10 minutes, when it is done it should be soft, but still hold its shape
5. Mash 1/4 avocado on to each tortilla
6. Uncover cauliflower and scoop it on the tortillas
7. Add any optional toppings. Serve, and enjoy!
Tip: Tortillas are best warm so here are two ways to heat them:
1. Microwave each tortilla for 30 seconds
2. lightly oil a small skillet and cook each tortilla for 1 minute on each side or until they are golden brow.